Thursday, June 21, 2012

Another Parade, this time for Horses

I was busy mopping floors this morning when I heard a nose like a car backfiring several times.  The nosie was getting louder and I realized it was fire crackers. Then I heard the drums and "Musica" and I knew a parade was close by.  The word is the children were Celebrating a week of Horses.  Anything for a parade... The "Musica" was definitely Latin and the moms and a few dads were two stepping it down the street with their hips just movin...They had a couple of men on horseback leading the parade.
Then came the children, all different sizes and grades....all of them riding THE STICK HORSES and wearing their black cowboy hats. It was so damn cute.  All the traffic stopped and everyone was smiling.
I realized I never thought that the noise could have been gun shots. Another reason we live here, I cannot wait for November, that is the month with the most holidays and fiestas. I am only sorry Mike missed all of it, he is in Panama City doing more paperwork and blood tests for getting his Panamanian drivers license....
Another Adventure and I only had to walk out my front door and turn right....Who Knew!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment