Friday, June 15, 2012

"No See Ums" and maybe some Surf

My sister-in-law Kate was the first person to tell me about "No See Ums". They don't bother Mike but I am always swatting myself when something stings me or it feels like something is crawling on me. Most of the time I can't find anything but I still feel it.

When we lived here in Panama in the 1968 we had "sand fleas" that bothered me for a few months, then I seem to tolerate them. You could never see them but you would be slapping your ankles, legs and arms all the time. The "No see Ums"..... I have heard other people here in Panama say the same phrase.

We were busy killing flies the month of may, now I only see 1 or 2 each day. The little bitty ants are almost gone as well as the flying ants. Butttttttttttttt, we still have the large stinging ants who love to come out as soon as it is dark and you turn a light on. We have even started putting a towel on the floor in front of the door where they can crawl under. It gets dark at 6 so that means you cannot read a book because the ants appear and you spend most of your time killing them.

We watch T.V. (about 8 channels in English), golf and basketball in Spanish along with HLN World News.  We hope to have a better feed when we move in August. SO there are times when we go to bed before 8 p.m.

As soon as I get up in the morning I start sweeping floors and do the bug count.  LOL !!!!!!
We are hoping these ants disappear soon. Living in Paradise comes with bugs, many different kinds that I am still learning about.

Yesterday we went to Coronado, picked up a bucket of KFC and started driving to check out our local beaches. Alot of the time you cannot find a public beach, they are behind gated communities.  The locals know how to go to the end of the road and walk thru the trees and you are at a beach. We have found one that we will go to tomorrow, it has white sand beaches and facilities for me as well..

So this morning Mike dropped his board in his truck, called his friend N and they were off to find the one break that they have heard of that is around Coronado.

Needless to say he left with a big smile on his face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment