Friday, July 20, 2012

Another Party to go to!!!!!!

The one thing I remember from living here years ago (for those who do not know, Mike was in the Army and we lived here during the late 60's) is the fun we had as ex-pats living in another country.  You celebrate every holiday with a party or get together. You are far away from your family and close friends so you go out of your way to meet new people.

Yesterday was an afternoon at the beach for LADIES ONLY. One of our owners of a well respected Inn here in El Valle has a beach rental for the off season.  And she will be having lots of these little gatherings.  Right on the beach not far from the resort we stayed at last year on our visit, Playa Palmar. This little "Casita" has a huge back yard and then you go down about 8 stairs and you are on the beach.  The tide was out when we got there and we had little plastic brightly colored  baskets to collect shells with.  Alot of all white shells and pale pink ones too. I left my treasured sea shells with my sister-in-law Kerry in Carlsbad, CA.. So I am starting my new collection here in Panama,

The water was warmer then bathwater and very inviting. There were about 8 of us in swimsuits of all sizes and shapes as well as ages and we had so much fun. Everybody brought food to share and we had a great variety with no menu, just bring what you wanted to make. We played board games under the big Panama Tree and laughed like school girls.

Tomorrow evening is a cocktail party we are going to, so I need to make finger foods to take to it. I want you to know you do not have to be a drinker to go to these parties, so far I have had just water or maybe gingerale and Mike usually has a beer.  Not like when we were young and your goal was to drink as much as you can as fast as you can.

So to let you know, in the last week we have been to 1 dinner, 2 brunches, 1 cocktail party and an afternoon at the beach.  And I am meeting a friend for breakfast tomorrow morning.  And the surprise, you don't have to wait until the weekend to have a party, we are all retired and you can have gatterings any day of the week.

We are off to Coronado, Panama today to get chicken for my finger food for Saturday night and to find disposable trays and dishes for the events.  I  don't want to have to think about remembering to take home my dish after the party.

Also I know we live in the world of computers and I could look on line, but I need a bunch of new receipes you all have used for gatherings...Please e-mail me or answer in the comment section at the bottom of this blog.

By the way, is anybody reading these blogs, I don't think we have any comments?

Another adventure, Sandy is going to be cooking again....LOL

1 comment:

  1. How about a simple spinach dip with water chestnuts in a bread bowl?

    ReplyDelete