Saturday, July 14, 2012

GETTING BACK INTO OUR ROUTINE

We are home from our seperate vacations and trying to get into a routine again. We both loved our times with friends and family and it was fun to run to a Walmart and get the few things we missed from the states. We brought home with us, good seasonings dressing packets, dry lipton onion soup mix, lipton decaf tea for my ice tea, our favorite ovation shampoo and cell therapy (Mike got at the Del Mar Fair with a discount) and a pair of "The Ove Glove" (oven mitts instead of pot holders). Our son carries them at Ace Hardware, they are terrific. I also had fun at the local drug store in Delaware, you know buying "girlie things".
It was a good feeling to come HOME and realizing that this is where we wanted to be. I love our quiet little valley with it's friendly people. Mike has been riding his new bike and I have been busy getting suitcases emptied and hidden under beds.  Because Delta charges $25.00 for the first checked in bag we both left here with just a carry on. Then Mike bought a bigger suitcase to come home with the stuff he bought and the left over clothes we left at our son and daughter in law's house. Plus he had a beautiful bike case he had to check in,  looking at that case I thought "Boy I could pack alot of "girlie stuff in that".  I brought home a big suitcase from "my sister from another mister " Alice. I thought that it was too big but let me tell you I filled it up. So that makes 6 big suitcases and 2 small ones that we now have. One good thing is people here will ask to borrow one to go back to the states, and they return it when they come back in a few weeks or months.  We have a yahoo group in El Valle, anything you want to sell or borrow or give away you post and within minutes you have 2 or 3 answers. That is how we found our house we are renting in August.

We have a couple of weeks before we move, we will miss living close to our friends Harry and Ursala.  They have been so kind to us showing us where to go for everything and helping us with all the paperwork here in Panama. Snoopy their black lab will miss his second daddy Mike,  I swear that dog talks, you know by his squeals and barks what is going on before any person comes thru the gate. Mike has promised he will come and visit with Snoopy.  We are thinking of getting a dog when we move and there are alot to adopt in El Valle.

Enough for now, need to get on with the day.  Mike just came back from the mercado with homemade tamales, a saturday treat. He pops them in the crock pot on low and the whole place smells good.

A special thanks to A and R for showing me a good time and making me feel like family. I am sure in another life we were related.....

No comments:

Post a Comment