Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Holiday Weekend in the States, but not here in Panama...

Yesterday was Memorial Day in the States but not here in Panama. It was business as usual with the Panamanians. We did see a picture on the internet of one of our local grocery stores in Coronado, they had a display cases of beer stacked up to look like the American Flag. LOL..... I wore my red, white and blue but no american flags. The flag of Panama is also the same colors so I just looked patriotic,. A shout out to my husband Mike for his service in Viet Nam, Thank you for your protection then and now.

Since our container arrived over a week ago I have been doing extra wash. In it was the rest of my clothes, 4 sets of sheets, a blanket and a set of towels for the bath and the kitchen. 14 extra loads of wash, along with my normal wash.!!!!!!   I took them down to the laundry last week, 3 bags a day. Everything here is washed in cold water. Most Panamanian homes do not have hot water. Can you imagine taking a cold shower every day, I don't care how hot it is outside, I still want a warm shower.

We have been here almost 2 months and so far I have lost 21 pounds. Not really trying except the heat makes you crave liquids all day long.  We also don't have many sweets in the house besides our favorite Vanilla ice cream. So I will keep doing what I am doing and hopefully more pounds will drop off.. Another adventure for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment